Kenechi

Kenny Loves to Read

I'm an avid reader and I also love to write. Hopefully my reviews will help people find their next favourite book.

Chasing Embers (A Ben Garston Novel)
James Henry Bennet
Don Quixote
John Ormsby, Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Crushed

Crushed - Dawn Rae Miller First thing to note is that this book comes with a warning label - it is in the New Adult genre, not Young Adult so prepare yourself for a lot of profanity, some sexual references/scenes and casual use of drugs. Well, that sums the book up for me. Meet Fletch - a rich teenager who likes to sleep around, do drugs and drink - a lot. There's a whole thing about tryint to get a girl, Ellie, to become his friend instead of sleeping with her but I found it a little difficult to cheer his efforts seeing as he was still pretty much the same drug/drink fuelled, sex crazed boy from the beginning to the end of the story. I don't want to ruin it for anyone who wants to read this story but that's what bothered me the most. Fletch didn't change much. He just got a girl by the end of the book and sort of almost stood up to his Dad and that was somehow supposed to make everything okay. I kept wondering what the point of the story was and I still don't think it was clear by the end. Anyway, it's not a bad read, it just felt like an advert for callous living with very little consequences.