Kenechi

Kenny Loves to Read

I'm an avid reader and I also love to write. Hopefully my reviews will help people find their next favourite book.

All the Queen's Players
Jane Feather
The Ghost Shift: A Novel
John Gapper
Don Quixote
John Ormsby, Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Crushed

Crushed - Dawn Rae Miller First thing to note is that this book comes with a warning label - it is in the New Adult genre, not Young Adult so prepare yourself for a lot of profanity, some sexual references/scenes and casual use of drugs. Well, that sums the book up for me. Meet Fletch - a rich teenager who likes to sleep around, do drugs and drink - a lot. There's a whole thing about tryint to get a girl, Ellie, to become his friend instead of sleeping with her but I found it a little difficult to cheer his efforts seeing as he was still pretty much the same drug/drink fuelled, sex crazed boy from the beginning to the end of the story. I don't want to ruin it for anyone who wants to read this story but that's what bothered me the most. Fletch didn't change much. He just got a girl by the end of the book and sort of almost stood up to his Dad and that was somehow supposed to make everything okay. I kept wondering what the point of the story was and I still don't think it was clear by the end. Anyway, it's not a bad read, it just felt like an advert for callous living with very little consequences.