Kenechi

Kenny Loves to Read

I'm an avid reader and I also love to write. Hopefully my reviews will help people find their next favourite book.

Dare Me
Megan Abbott
World Without End
Ken Follett
Chasing Embers (A Ben Garston Novel)
James Henry Bennet
Don Quixote
John Ormsby, Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Glimpse (Zellie Wells, #1)

Glimpse (Zellie Wells, #1) - Stacey Wallace Benefiel I loved the idea behind Glimpse. Loved it. And it started off quite promising, until about a third of the way in. I don’t want to ruin it for anyone who’s going to read it so I won’t say too much about the plot except that a lot of promising ideas are compressed into this book. Maybe they’ll be developed properly in the next book. As I said, I loved the idea and story line but I thought the book fell short on the development of the characters and especially the flow of the dialogue. It felt very disconnected when characters reacted subdued to what should have been mind-blowing events. One minute, no one knew about Zellie’s powers, next thing everyone was on the ball and okay with the new paranormal elements of their lives. And it seemed a bit rushed at some points where I would have thought more impact was needed. Overall, I kind of liked it but I hope the next in the series is a lot better refined.