Kenechi

Kenny Loves to Read

I'm an avid reader and I also love to write. Hopefully my reviews will help people find their next favourite book.

Chasing Embers (A Ben Garston Novel)
James Henry Bennet
Don Quixote
John Ormsby, Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Under the Black Clouds

Under the Black Clouds - Suren Hakobyan,  Suren Fant I don’t usually breakdown ratings when I review books but I have to this time. Why? I loved the story and it freaked me out so much that I had to occasionally look up to remind myself that it wasn’t real. But (and this is a humongous but), whoever translated and edited the story massively let it down. In fact, if I wasn’t hooked from pretty early on in the story, I would have dropped the book after a few chapters in. The edition I read was riddled with spelling and grammatical errors and additional random words that had no business showing up where they did. If you can take a deep breath and ignore the editing, there is a fantastic story hidden in there. Sometimes it felt like there was a lot more narration than necessary but I was too caught up in finding out what would happen to Danny and his companions that I didn’t really care. Despite the poor editing, I would read more from this author (but he needs to get someone else to read his translated work). So here’s my breakdown as promised (out of 5):

Story/Plot – 5/5
Pacing/Writing – 3.5/5
Editing – 1/5 (someone needs to be fired)

Overall – 3/5