Kenechi

Kenny Loves to Read

I'm an avid reader and I also love to write. Hopefully my reviews will help people find their next favourite book.

Dare Me
Megan Abbott
World Without End
Ken Follett
Chasing Embers (A Ben Garston Novel)
James Henry Bennet
Don Quixote
John Ormsby, Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2)

Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) - Suzanne Collins Peeta, why do you love Katniss so much? She has done nothing to deserve your affection except twist the knife she has in your heart even more. I know Collins probably intended her to sound like a strong female character who cares for the ones she loves even to the point of death but Katniss comes across as so self-centered and irritating that I'm annoyed she's the heroine and can't be killed off. Maybe that's a bit too harsh but the reason I've given this otherwise interesting story a 3 star instead of a 4 is because I couldn't get away from Katniss and her annoying "voice" (real shame it's written in the first person). I could go on and on about my dislike for her but I'll try to focus on the story instead. 5 stars to the author for making me gasp more than a few times and for a plot that kept me reading even when all I wanted to do was yell at the heroine. 5 stars for a cliffhanger ending but I thought the last few pages of the book read like a summary in comparison with the rest of the book which was properly drawn out (I still don't get the wire and lightning bit). 5 stars for finally giving us other characters to care about besides Katniss and her family. I almost loved this book...I guess almost will have to do this time. Bring on Mockingjay!