Kenechi

Kenny Loves to Read

I'm an avid reader and I also love to write. Hopefully my reviews will help people find their next favourite book.

All the Queen's Players
Jane Feather
The Ghost Shift: A Novel
John Gapper
Don Quixote
John Ormsby, Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2)

Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) - Suzanne Collins Peeta, why do you love Katniss so much? She has done nothing to deserve your affection except twist the knife she has in your heart even more. I know Collins probably intended her to sound like a strong female character who cares for the ones she loves even to the point of death but Katniss comes across as so self-centered and irritating that I'm annoyed she's the heroine and can't be killed off. Maybe that's a bit too harsh but the reason I've given this otherwise interesting story a 3 star instead of a 4 is because I couldn't get away from Katniss and her annoying "voice" (real shame it's written in the first person). I could go on and on about my dislike for her but I'll try to focus on the story instead. 5 stars to the author for making me gasp more than a few times and for a plot that kept me reading even when all I wanted to do was yell at the heroine. 5 stars for a cliffhanger ending but I thought the last few pages of the book read like a summary in comparison with the rest of the book which was properly drawn out (I still don't get the wire and lightning bit). 5 stars for finally giving us other characters to care about besides Katniss and her family. I almost loved this book...I guess almost will have to do this time. Bring on Mockingjay!