Kenechi

Kenny Loves to Read

I'm an avid reader and I also love to write. Hopefully my reviews will help people find their next favourite book.

Winter's Fairytale
Maxine Morrey
Chasing Embers (A Ben Garston Novel)
James Henry Bennet
Don Quixote
John Ormsby, Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3)

Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) - Suzanne Collins I'm not sure where to start. I thought I would dislike this book based on how I felt after reading the prior one in the series, but as I read scenes that tore at my tear glands, I knew I couldn't. I won't repeat my "I hate Katniss" mantra for this review (if you've read my reviews of the first two books, you'll get the picture) but i really found it difficult to feel sorry for her even when so many terrible things were happening to her. My sympathy lay with everyone else that suffered around her. I guess it's better to feel something towards a character than nothing at all...

Downers, the story felt rushed at times, almost like Collins wanted to write another hundred pages but had to condense it, this made the story ifficult to follow at times. One thing that really bothered me was the amount of violence and gore - gasp, surely not more than the others? Oh yes, much, much more. I found quite a lot of it unnecessary but if Collins was trying to make a point about how gritty and raw war is, she did her job well. I just wouldn't let anyone young and sensistive read the books. I liked how she ended the story even though it was pretty depressing - again it felt rushed but maybe that's just my brain looking for something else. I might include spoilers if I go on, so I'll stop here. A must-read if you've started the series.