Kenechi

Kenny Loves to Read

I'm an avid reader and I also love to write. Hopefully my reviews will help people find their next favourite book.

Dare Me
Megan Abbott
World Without End
Ken Follett
Chasing Embers (A Ben Garston Novel)
James Henry Bennet
Don Quixote
John Ormsby, Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Okay

Heroes 'Til Curfew: A Talent Chronicles Novel - Susan Bischoff

Good story, although not as engaging as Hush Money or Impulse Control (which I really, really enjoyed). Maybe I’m just accustomed to slower paced books, but I got a little lost with more and more Talents popping up in every other chapter. Also I didn’t understand the need for extreme violence from Marco and his “friends”? I get that they are delinquents but it got too much after a while. Still no explanation as to why there aren’t more adults with Talents, and frankly, still too many loose ends left by the end of this book. But it looks like there’s meant to be another book after this one, so maybe things will be cleared up then…or not. Only respite for me was that Dylan and Joss’s relationship finally grew into something lovely. I usually love it when people have kickass abilities so I was surprised to find that I much preferred reading their relationship scenes more than the excessive face bashing and Talent wielding scenes that filled this book.