Kenechi

Kenny Loves to Read

I'm an avid reader and I also love to write. Hopefully my reviews will help people find their next favourite book.

Just Haven't Met You Yet
Cate Woods
Chasing Embers (A Ben Garston Novel)
James Henry Bennet
Don Quixote
John Ormsby, Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Boring in the middle but very detailed

Beyond Belief: My Secret Life Inside Scientology and My Harrowing Escape - Jenna Miscavige Hill, Lisa Pulitzer

This was recommended by a work colleague and, even though I’m not big on non-fiction, I decided to give it a go. Firstly, I’m glad I read the book because I now have a clearer view of Scientology and what it stands to achieve as a “religion”. It’s a huge shame that this form of systematic bullying is happening in full view of the world and people aren’t seeing it for what it is. Unfortunately I enjoyed the last 50 or so pages of Lisa’s story more than the rest of the book. Everything else felt drawn out. I’m sure every event in her life was significant to her, but when you say something once, it become less effective when it’s repeated over and over again. The gravity of what happened to her would have packed more of a punch if told in half the book length. I knew something was lacking when I started to skim pages after a while. Don’t let this put you off reading the book though, if you realy, really, really want to read it.